There could be some challenges with products that you had prior to installing Milo, like wireless printers, since you now have two wireless networks. The workaround is to be on the same network that these devices are connected to when trying to use them. So it is best to have all of these devices either on the Milo network or your existing router network. If your wireless printer is connected to your existing router's wifi then connect the device that you are printing from to this wifi network. It is probably best to keep your existing router's wifi network name (SSID) different from your Milo network name (SSID), so you can know which network you are connected to.
Articles in this section
- Configuring iOS 11 to be "whole home" network friendly
- Why can't I print to my wireless printer?
- How do I get a warranty replacement?
- How do I reset Milo?
- How do I see which point I'm connected to?
- What's the difference between a modem and a router?
- How can I get a stronger connection on my Milo?
- What do the lights on Milo indicate?