Note: Factory Resetting should only be done in extreme circumstances.
Performing a 15-second Factory Reset will revert the firmware back to the original version, which could leave your Milos susceptible to issues that were resolved in later firmware versions. Updates are available online, but we would prefer that you contact Customer Support before performing a Factory Reset.
In some instances, it may be necessary for you to reset your Milo. If your Milo Base (or S/U) does not broadcast an SSID, or if either of the Points (or S/U) is not communicating, a soft reset will oftentimes get you back up and running.
For a soft reset
- Press and hold the reset button on the bottom of the Base (or S/U) for 5 seconds.
- You should see the green lights on the unit flash once per second.
- The unit will shut down and restart itself.
- This process usually takes only a few seconds.
- Complete steps 1-3 in the same fashion for all Points connected to the same Milo family. (Never perform a reset on only 1 unit in the Milo family and ALWAYS start with the Base)
Please note: A soft Reset the Milo will revert the Milo network SSID and password to default factory settings. Cloud optimizations for Milo will also be reset. Milo should continue to optimize itself once it’s back online.
In very rare instances, if Milo freezes up or becomes unable to properly complete the boot cycle, a hard reset
is may be required. We recommend contacting Milo Customer Support at 877-426-6456 before hard resetting your Milos.
- Bring all of the units into the same room and allow them to fully power up.
- Press and hold the reset button on the bottom of the Base (or S/U) for 15 seconds.
- You should see the green lights on the Base (or S/U) flash once per second at first, and then at a much faster rate.
- Release the reset button once Milo’s green lights start flashing quickly.
- The unit will shut down, restart itself, and then reboot itself.
- This process usually takes from 1-5 minutes.
- Complete steps 1-3 in the same fashion for all Points connected to the same Milo family.
- Never perform a reset on only 1 unit in the Milo family and ALWAYS start with the Base
- When the reset is completed you should only see a blue light on the Base and the Points should be flashing green and amber lights.
- Launch the Milo app on your mobile device
- On the login screen tap “set up milo” since performing a hard reset deletes all locally stored information such as network name customization and app account login credentials.
- Follow through with the setup process via the app and your internet connection should be reestablished. At the end of the setup process, the Milo app will check if there is new firmware for the system and install the latest release.
Please note: A hard Reset will revert the Milo network SSID and password to default factory settings, and delete app login credentials.